Monday, April 9, 2007

Taylor Jane's Questions Answered

What are your Favorite Colors?

Dark Green, Dark Purple, and Orange (in that order or all together)


Do you prefer Solid or Multi Colored Yarns?

Solids

What fibers do you prefer? Any Allergies?

I have a small baby, so I fear, mistrust, and will not wear anything I can't throw in the washer and dryer as soon as it's been thrown up on. Were it not for the small one, I would answer Silk, Rayon, Wool. As it is, we do a lot with Cotton.

What do you enjoy knitting the most? (socks, mittens, sweaters, etc.)

Things for my son - wee sweaters, etc. This is assuming I have time to knit, which is not frequently the reality.

What are your favorite yarns?

I like reclaiming yarn from seriously ugly sweaters I find for a dollar or two at the thrift store.

What do you enjoy doing outside of knitting?

The secret is that while I enjoy knitting, I'm really not obsessed and can go months without knitting a stitch (with no serious withdrawl problems). Knitting is just something I know how to do.

I am fascinated watching the mind and body of my son, Arthur (7 months), grow and change. He and I do a lot of gardening, reading, home-keeping, cooking, baking, and other happy things. When I am not parenting full time I am an outstanding childcare provider for other peoples kids and a pretty decent herbalist.

Favorite foods or candies?

Cheese is good. Organic Chocolate has been known to make me happy. I like fruit. I have no strong preferences here.

Art or Music you enjoy?

I love, love, love Celtic music. I like most other music also. I will always be a sucker for anything Peter, Paul and Mary. I can't help it.

Art - there's a hell of a question. Define Art. Visual? Big fan of the Impressionists. Favorite painters could include Toulouse-Lautrec, Monet, Cezanne, and Van Goh. But that doesn't really get to the heart of it. I like ART - the kind that makes you question your assumptions, step outside your own experience, get lost in someone else's idea, and generally challenges you as a human being. That's real.

What inspires you?

Arthur inspires me each and every moment. The immense beauty and suffering of the Planet and the many species that try to co-exist on Her. The Goddess is always a source of inspiration. The amazing journey of a seed to sprout to seedling to plant and eventually to flower or food. The Ocean. Clouds. Sunrise/Sunset. Rain. The unbelievable blueness of a blue sky. The cellular dance of the human body. Birth.

Anything else you want to share?

The only reason I have time to type this right now is that Baby Arthur is deep asleep next to me. I likely will not have much time to contribute to the online adventures of this project -- I often don't have a lot of time to even check my email. But I will be out here, sometimes, somewhere. I like the idea of group creation for the greater good. There will be powerful magic in a blanket like the one we are making.

No comments: