Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Questions and Answers by Tammi

What are your Favorite Colors? I am currently really enjoying blues and greens. And I love purple, and orange. Ok, most colors. I am sorta getting over the brown phase I was in this winter.

Do you prefer Solid or Multi Colored Yarns? I like both! I do love yarn with subtle color variations. Guess it depends on what I am knitting.

What fibers do you prefer? Soft ones! Merino, silk blends, some cottons I don't use a lot of wool, because it isn't very cold here in Eugene.

Any Allergies? Angora makes me itch and sneeze horribly. Some wool does too.

What do you enjoy knitting the most? (socks, mittens, sweaters, etc.) I like to knit for kids, sweaters, blankets, etc. Shawls and scarves occupy lots of my time. I haven't had any burning desire to knit socks, yet.

What are your favorite yarns? This winter I fell in love with Lumpy Bumpy. And there is this silk blend from Artyarns that I am highly coveting. I have to admit that Cotton Fleece is often my go-to yarn, though.

What do you enjoy doing outside of knitting? Sewing, expecially quilts, hiking and weight-lifting. Watching my teenage son swim (I spend a ton of time at swim meets) And there's my job-I'm a pediatrician. I do really enjoy that.

Favorite foods or candies? Chocolate! Especially dark chocolate. I do have other vices, like cinnamon bears and black licorice.

Art or Music you enjoy? I like several types of music. Currently I am listening to Switchfoot, Emmylou Harris and Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have to admit I am less a fan of classical music.

What inspires you? Nature, life. Kids are a huge inspiration for me. Their energy and curiosity are amazing!

Anything else you want to share? This is the first time I have ever posted to a blog! I had to ask Jodie for a tutorial..... I taught myself to knit two years ago. I'm still a newbie, but I'll try almost anything.

No comments: