Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Rachel says...

What are your Favorite Colors?
My favorite colors are blue and green, but I try to diversify with other colors. I'm not so keen on pastels since they remind me of baby clothing. Not that I don't love babies... nevermind.
Lately I've been on a brown kick.


Do you prefer Solid or Multi Colored Yarns?
Either. I don't do enough with multi colored yarn. And self striping yarn is like a miracle to me.

What fibers do you prefer? Any Allergies?
I don't really have a preference. Anything but red heart acrylic I suppose. I used some bamboo/cotton yarn recently which was very exciting.

What do you enjoy knitting the most? (socks, mittens, sweaters, etc.)
So far I've done mostly small things like mitts, arm warmers, a shrug. I haven't tried socks yet.

What are your favorite yarns?
I haven't been knitting very long (less than a year), but so far my favorite is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I like soft things without a lot of fuzz or halo. I still haven't found that one yarn so lovely it makes me want to roll around in it like a cat in catnip.

What do you enjoy doing outside of knitting?
Hiking, reading, rock climbing, cooking, hanging out with friends, playing the flute, dogparking the dog, sitting in the sun. I used to garden, but am without a yard.

Favorite foods or candies?
I'll eat just about anything that doesn't eat me first.

Art or Music you enjoy?
I'm pretty artistically and musically open. I can't think of one thing I like most. I like works by Michelangelo, especially David. I also like original art by friends, mixed media, photography, paintings... whatever. :-)
I like most kinds of music except rap and country. Indie music, rock, punk, classical, angry grrl music, folk music... whatever. My favorite CDs are mixes from my friends and I can't even tell you everything on those!


What inspires you?
The ocean.
The fact that the world keeps on going even when things seem to be pointless and horrible. The fact that people still want to be kind when the world seems to have forgotten kindness...
My 14 and 3/4 years old dog inspires me with her patience and the way her eyes light up when I come home.
enough with this mush :-)

Anything else you want to share?
I'm excited to be on my first knitting swap, but nervous because I'm afraid I'll have knitters block and the whole thing will be one big bad idea... But I have faith in myself!
I also spend too much time blogging at work.

No comments: