Monday, June 4, 2007

Special Delivery

It's here...live, from New York! Oh, Penny, thank you!!

My friends, I wish that you could see and feel this beautiful work-in-progress. The squares have been made with so much love, so much care. It's incredibly soft. And there are at least a dozen places where I could add my own square.

Needless to say, now that it's my turn...I am terrified.

And what's this...some goodies for me, too! Some colorful rainbow-type yarn, for my Inner Circus Clown (yes, that's me all right!) Enough for socks and a hat and a scarf! And popcorn, too (Penny, how did you know my secret love?? Is the popcorn from Coney Island?? I heart New York!)

But I have to work tonight (don't ask), so I will post some photos tomorrow. And I have to figure out what to add. (I do not want my Inner Circus Clown to take over my project and knit a crazy square, now, do I!?)

3 comments:

Penny said...

Oh I am soo relieved! Go for it! It's a scary wonderful canvas. Have fun. Enjoy! It got there quick. I snuck it out Friday afternoon!

Penny said...

The popcorn isn't from Coney Island, but somewhere nearby. I love it!

I was really worried about what I was sending but I hope you really do like it. Did Jodie ever say that things have to be square? not really so go have some FUN! not to imply that the squares already done aren't fun. they are!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see a picture. From the last post, it looks great.
Carolyn, the whole point of this is that it can be anything. If you want to put in crazy bright colors that's fine. It can be square, rectangle, hexagon, polygon, whatever! No pressure is the key.