Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My story, thus far

No doubt, some are wondering what I've been up to. Friends, I cannot tell you how many times I have frogged my square(s). My "multicolored bobble extravaganza" was not, repeat not, a smashing success. (It turns out that a gazillion bobbles may look okay on a wall hanging, or on the hat of a person with strange taste in clothing, but for a blanket...well, it just doesn't work. Totally.)

So...(sniff, whimper) - back to the drawing board. (Whatever could I do??) I tried diagonals. No good. Intarsia. No...still looks bad...OMG, the clock is ticking!

Finally I knew that I had to stop fussing with this, or Jodie will come over here and yank it out of my busy, busy hands.

So. Now. As the last rays of sunset gently illuminate our yard...I think I almost have enough time for a quick photo of Our Blanket, as it is today. Behold, and click to enlarge:



It's Yikes, Stripes, in Mission Falls 1824 superwash merino. And on one end, a little row of...you guessed it. A few bobbles! They look like little mulberries.

Dear Bon, I'm sorry I've kept this so long. (Although I notice that you are enormously busy with other things now!)

And you know what? I wish I could add another piece to this blanket. But I've already kept it for weeks. It is long past time for it to move on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am busy with other things right now, but I'll be back with a knitting vengeance come next week! The wedding has killed the part of my brain I normally use for knitting, good thing my shawl has been done for months!

Penny said...

It is very beautiful Carolyn! I want to come over and rip out the garbage I spewed and make it pretty. I feel i knit so little (and quite poorly) in comparison to everyone else. If someone wants to mail it back to me my mail karma seems to have improved...

Anonymous said...

Dear Bon, congratulations and best wishes! Dear Penny, please don't be so hard on yourself! But if anyone really wants to change their work...I guess we'll have to see what Jodie says. (It may really be shivery-cold "blanket weather" by the time this is finished!)

-Carolyn

Jodie said...

I love it! The whole blanket looks awesome (Penny, that includes you're section) and I'm glad you still got to include some bobbles. I have been really enjoying every addition.

tammi said...

Oooh, it is looking so great! Love the colors you used, Carolyn. And the bobbles.....

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tammi! I tried to pick colors that worked with all the greeny-gold and blue that was added previously, and Mission Falls has some colors that (I hope) match. (If you know someone who wants a bunch of leftover Mission Falls wool, just let me know!!)