with packing, moving back to school, and starting classes, my section of the blanket has taken a little bit longer than i had intended, but it's finally done! while looking at the different sections (which are all gorgeous!), i noticed something very peculiar.... a total lack of stockinette stitch. every square (with the exception of abe-hap's) is done basically in garter stitch! i decided that no blanket could be complete without all the little v's so characteristic of stockinette. i used rice stitch, with the "wrong side" as the front to look somewhat like stockinette without quite as much curling. i think it turned out pretty well. : )
(please ignore the nasty dorm carpet!) kim has just gone on vacation, but when she returns i will be sending the blanket on it's merry way back to oregon. yay!